These dumbasses never cease to amaze the Gunny with their overt and complete idiocy. If stupidity was the currency of the world, liberals would be the Gazillionaires.
EXCERPT: “Some law professors and liberal commentators say they believe the “open letter” Sen. Tom Cotton and 46 of his Republican colleagues sent this week to the leaders of Iran, warning them that any nuclear deal they sign with President Obama won’t last after Obama leaves office, might be a crime.
That letter from the Arkansas Republican to the ayatollahs and other Iranian officials, critics say, is a violation of the 1799 Logan Act, which says starkly:
“Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.”
Whomever these “law professors” and “liberal commentators” are (the Gunny suspects the usual idiots on the Left and clowns like that weird guy Rachel Madcow and SS Sgt Schultz) they heads are buried in their asses, like 99.99% of all libs.
Let us examine some of the Left’s Logan Act violations.
1. “Throughout Europe, as I met with European leaders, it’s clear that they’re prepared to do more, but the (Bush) administration has not put the structure together for people to be able to do it.” Hanoi John Fonda Kerry, Bash America Tour, 2005.
“Every Arab leader I asked, do you want Iraq to fail, says no. Do you think you will be served if there’s a civil war? They say no. Do you believe that failure is a threat to the region and to the stability of the world? Yes; same with the European leaders. But each of them feel that they have offered more assistance, more effort to be involved, want to be part of a playing field that’s more cooperative, and yet they feel rebuffed.” Hanoi John Fonda Kerry, Senate confirmation of Condi Rice, 2005.
2. Hanoi John Fonda Kerry meeting with North Vietnamese officials, as a private citizen, during the Paris Peace Talks. Hanoi John Fonda Kerry: “that the war needed to be stopped immediately and unilaterally. I have been to Paris. I have talked with both delegations at the peace talks, that is to say the Democratic Republic of Vietnam and the Provisional Revolutionary Government.” Hanoi John Fonda Kerry’s Testimony to Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman J. William Fulbright
3. In late 1987 Jim Wright, then the Democratic House Speaker, met with Nicaraguan leader Daniel Ortega amid sensitive peace talks between Ortega’s government and the Contra rebels. http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/gop-iran-letter-115943.html#ixzz3U21h0GLx
4. In May 1983, the KGB again reported to their bosses on a discussion in Moscow with former Sen. John Tunney. Kennedy had instructed Tunney, according to the KGB, to carry a message to Yuri Andropov, the General Secretary of the Soviet Communist Party, expressing Kennedy’s concern about the anti-Soviet activities of President Ronald Reagan. This document was first discovered in the Soviet archives by London Times reporter Tim Sebastian and a report on it was published in that newspaper in February 1992.
5. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi traveled to Damascus in 2007, against the wishes of the president, to communicate on foreign-policy issues with Syrian President Bashar Assad. This was an UNofficial trip.
6. Congcritter Henry “Nostrilus” Waxman aided Code Pink in sending $600K worth of aid to the terrorists in Fallujah, then fighting the US Marines. FOAD Liberals as he personally intervened with a letter to all parties concerned to allow the shipment in. Of course it went straight to the terrorists.
7. Even from the comfort of the Senate, Hanoi John Fonda Kerry managed to subvert the USA and give aid and comfort to the enemy with his false 1971 testimony to the Senate.
“They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.” Hanoi John Fonda Kerry, 1971.
So to the law professors and liberal commentators mentioned above, go fuck yourselves with a pissed off porcupine after you poke a wolverine in the balls with a stick.
“Hey look! A Liberal!”
“Someone get a rope!